Thursday, September 4, 2008

Richard Corey- Edwin Arlington Robinson

When I first read this story, I didn't understand it at first. But once I reread it again, it made me realize how hard life can be. The protagonist in this poem, Richard Corey is a person who is well liked by people in his town. I imagine him good looking and a gentleman. He was very rich and had a lot of money and people wanted to be Richard because of his wealth and how lucky he is to have a lot of money. After I read this poem, it made me realize that people who have alot of money sometimes aren't happy with what they have. I predicted that maybe he felt very lonely in his life, despite with what he has. At the end of the poem, he decided to commit suicide by putting a bullet in his head. It made me a little sad about this, but this is a poem that shows a moral that people with fame and money can be unsatisfied in their lives too.

No comments: